Belgium is coming soon, we promise!
We leave The Netherlands with some fun facts about Amsterdam:
- Amsterdam has 60 miles (100km) of canals in the city.
- 25,000 bikes end up in Amsterdam’s canals each year. Which leads to…
- There are 881,000 bicycles in Amsterdam (compared to about 800,000 residents). It is the most bike-friendly city in the world.
- Homes are built in a very narrow fashion because homeowners used to be taxed based on the width of their home.
- Amsterdam is home to the world’s oldest stock exchange (1602).
- During the 1600s, Amsterdam was the wealthiest city in the world.
And now, enjoy these Amster-Grams…
And then a preview of what you’ll see in Belgium…